|Concepts: Smarter Sketching by TopHatch|
Rank: #151 in iPad Apps (Free Apps)
Recent Rank Change: -18
Peak Rank: #81
Current version: 2.3.1
Release date: 2012-10-05
Tracked for 555 days
|THE SHARPEST TOOL IN YOUR BOX - BEST APPS OF 2013|
Concepts combines the precision of technical drawing with the elegance and style of artistic sketching. Use intuitive tools, flexible multi-touch shape guides, and COPIC Marker's beautiful colors to bring every idea to life on an infinite canvas. When you're done, send your drawings just about anywhere in high-res, vector and standard formats.
TAMPER WITH TIME
Pen and paper don't offer the flexibility of picking up a line and moving it, or scaling it, or changing the ink weight and color. With Concepts you can modify every single stroke no matter when you drew it, then group them together to create layers of manipulable objects.
DESIGN WITH LINES
Use quick, easy multi-touch Shape Guides to create perfect lines, arcs, angles, ellipses, and rectangles; perfect for layout and perspective, creating structure, and anything you'd use a ruler for.
SEND YOUR WORK TO THE REAL WORLD
Once you're satisfied, export your work to dozens of professional applications for further use or send it directly to colleagues via email, web link, or cloud backup solutions. Now supporting high-resolution (300dpi+) and vector (SVG) formats!
IT'S IN THE DETAILS
Infinite canvas with sharp zoom and rotation, 1:1 Paper Size Guides, Layout Guides, COPIC Color Library, Transparency, Graph Paper and Isometric Grids, Pressure Sensitive Styli (Adonit, Pogo, HEX3, and Wacom), and all pens, brushes, and paper types are free. Import multiple (manipulable) images, add text labels, use a minimal interface, and get extreme flexibility with all lines and layers.
WHAT DO I USE CONCEPTS FOR?
• Architects, Engineers, Surveyors, and Landscape Designers will enjoy the easy flow and technical precision of the shape guides and the 300dpi+ printable output options.
• Product Designers and Makers can easily sketch an idea, make tweaks at a stroke level, then export right to vector-based SVG for laser cutting and other forms of rapid prototyping.
• Educators and Creative Professionals create mindmaps and brainstorm on an infinite canvas, manipulate individual pieces, then present to the classroom or audience via AirPlay.
• Use personal photos for layouts, tracing, and visual reference. Add markup and annotations to images and send them anywhere.
• Rapidly construct perspective layouts and structural components for your drawings, then enjoy Concepts' designer brushes or export to your favorite coloring app.
• Create templates for real, physical products like clothing, quilts and stained glass windows, then color match against COPIC's beautiful color library.
• Kids love exploring their ideas using Concepts' simple interface and cool tools.
• Find your own unique uses -- Concepts is as flexible as your imagination.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
• Award Winning: Apple selected Concepts for the Best Apps of 2013 in 12 countries! Tabby Awards 2013: Best Creation & Design App.
• Nancy said "I use probably 15 to 20 drawing and photo apps in an average week. This is without a doubt, one of my favorites, made by and for professionals. The options are many and are not typical, but are smart. Totally worth the purchase."
• John says "This has the potential to be the ultimate design tool - the freedom to sketch with the power of vector manipulation."
• Dave said "So much power with a simple, stylish interface. A tool for makers to design and build their dreams."
• Grim says "This is the future in design."
TopHatch creates visionary technology that makes the future accessible. Our products are efficient, discreet applications that pull the young and not-so-young onto the same page - the brain-scape, where ideas come to life.
TopHatch is dedicated to quality. If you experience any problems with this release or have suggestions for improvement, please contact us directly so we can quickly address them!
COPIC is the trademark of Too Corporation. Special thanks to Evan Bronstein, AIA LEED GA and Benjamin Lloyd for cover art!