|Codea by Two Lives Left|
Rank: #184 in iPad Apps (Paid Apps)
Recent Rank Change: -28
Peak Rank: #6
Release date: 2011-10-26
Tracked for 775 days
|"It’s kind of like the Garage Band of coding." – Wired|
"[Codea] for iPad is a super slick way to write and run programs on your iPad." – Gizmodo
Codea lets you create games and simulations — or just about any visual idea you have. Turn your thoughts into interactive creations that make use of iPad features like Multi-Touch and the accelerometer.
We think Codea is the most beautiful code editor you'll use, and it's easy. Codea is designed to let you touch your code. Want to change a number? Just tap and drag it. How about a color, or an image? Tapping will bring up visual editors that let you choose exactly what you want.
Codea is built on the Lua programming language. A simple, elegant language that doesn't rely too much on symbols — a perfect match for iPad.
Here's how you use it: type your code. Press play to watch it run. Interact with it. Get creative.
• A full featured vector graphics and image renderer lets you prototype what you can imagine
• Lots of fantastic example projects to learn from, including games and simulations
• Generate random retro-game sound effects to use in your creations
• Touch your code: tap numbers, colors and images to adjust them
• Complete in-line reference documentation accessible from the keyboard
• Intelligent auto-completion suggests keywords and functions
• Cameras: use the live camera stream in your games and projects
• Import your own assets from Dropbox, photos, and more
• A fully featured physics engine for complex motion
• Add parameters to your simulation or game interface so you can tweak variables at runtime
• Interact with the accelerometer and multi touch on your device
• Video recording: Record videos of your projects and share them!
• Codea renders your code with beautiful syntax highlighting
• Codea can render 3D graphics
• GLSL Shader Language support with built-in shader editor.
• Full support for the new iPad Retina display.
➤ Full App Store apps can now be made with Codea. Please see http://github.com/TwoLivesLeft/Codea-Runtime for more information.
➤ If you need help or wish to get in contact with us, please use the support link on this page.