|iWavit DirecTV by ThinkOptics, Inc.|
Rank: #138 in Utilities (Free Apps)
Recent Rank Change: +19
Peak Rank: #56
Release date: 2010-08-27
Tracked for 475 days
|The Wavit DirecTV will act like a DirecTV RC65 IR remote control for controlling DirecTV Satellite TV set-top boxes.|
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Apple certified iWavit attachment is needed for this app to work. See www.iwavit.com for details.
To get a limited-time 12% discount on the iWavit hardware, use "MonsterDiscount" at checkout at www.thinkoptics.com
Insert the iWavit attachment into the iPhone/iPod touch and you will hear a sound indicating that the iWavit has paired successfully with the iPhone. (The iWavit USB dongle and IR Lightbar are not required). Now you are ready to control your DirecTV to change channels, select menu, or adjust volume, just like you would with your normal DirecTV remote.
The layout of the buttons is similar to the remote that ships with some DirecTV set-top boxes. The buttons are distributed across 4 screens that you can swipe to left-right.
There are a few notable benefit of iWavit Virtual Remotes over a traditional remotes:
1. Buttons are large and easy to hit,
2. Buttons are easily seen in the dark, so no need to turn on the lights in the room just to adjust the volume, and
3. You can have any number of virtual remotes without adding to the clutter in your living room.
The "iWavit for DirecTV" app is part of a family of iWavit Virtual Remotes for some Major-Brand electronic devices, and PCs and Macs. For those who wish to create their own custom Remote Controls, we have created the Ultimate Remote Control app called Tabula Rasa. With the Tabula Rasa app you can create your own remotes, download remotes, upload remotes to share them with others, search our modest IR database or learn IR codes directly from your old IR remotes. You can even create macros for embedding multiple functions inside a single button. You can also use the app to control PCs/Macs using USB Keyboard strokes or through the patented DirectPointing air-mouse technology built into the iWavit.
The HOME button on the front screen will take you to the iWavit app called iWavit Flow, if it is installed. This app provides for convenient cover-flow selection of all the iWavit apps installed on your iPhone, as well as ALL those available on the App Store.
The iWavit Accessory for iPhone:
The iWavit is a new accessory for the iPhone, iPad & iPod touch. It provides additional hardware capabilities to the iPhone with a goal of being able to turn the iPhone into a wide variety of different Remote Controls and Input Devices. iWavit Remotes are apps which provide different user interfaces that turn the iPhone into different "Virtual Remotes" which are metaphors for the real physical devices.
The iWavit accessory is a physical plug-in device that attached to the iPhone. It also comes with a Plug & Play USB Dongle with an IR Lightbar. Some or all of the iWavit features may be used by different apps. The features include:
1) An IR emitter for sending IR signals and controlling TVs and DVD,
2) An IR detector for learning IR codes from real remotes,
3) A patented Wavit 3D Tracker, which allows for absolute tracking of the iPhone's position and orientation in 3D space, making it ideal for use as a DirectPoint 3D air mouse for PCs and Macs.
4) A wireless PC microphone for controlling a PC or Mac via voice commands, or simple for making VOIP calls on your PC. (This is separate from the iPhone's microphone)
5) Wireless 2.4GHz Plug & Play USB dongle for controlling PC/Mac/Linux machines. Simply plug it in, and you are ready to go. No software installation is required on the PC!