|Solar Walk™ - 3D Solar System model by Vito Technology Inc.|
Rank: #192 in iPad Apps (Paid Apps)
Recent Rank Change: +5
Peak Rank: #15
Current version: 2.2.4
Release date: 2010-04-01
Tracked for 1641 days
|On Sale! 70% OFF!|
*** Featured by Apple as Best Apps of 2010, 2011 and 2012 ***
*** National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA) - GOLD winner in the Educational Tools for Parents and Children category! ***
*** A Parents' Choice Gold Award Winner ***
Have you ever built a Solar system model? Cups, bowls, and papier-mache balls are in the past, because Solar Walk is a time-sensitive accurate information-packed interactive model of the Solar system and the Milky Way galaxy.
This 3D Solar System model lets you navigate through space and time, see all the planets in close-up, learn their trajectories, inner structures, history of their exploration, points of interest and more. It even has detailed 3D models of the most interesting man-made satellites. Use 3D mode to get a more realistic experience and zoom out to view and spin the entire Galaxy!
WHAT EXPERTS SAY:
“Zoom from Mercury to Pluto (which makes the cut in this app), passing each planet’s moons along the way. Because Solar Walk knows what time it is, the planets are in proper orientation to the Sun: Earth is dark where it is currently night and gradually lightens to daytime on the other side,”© by Sam Grobart from The NYT.
“Instead of exploring the night sky and deep space, you get to tour our Solar system in luscious 3D graphics. The iPad version is breathtaking with crisp graphics and beautiful color. The smooth finger controls combined with the spectacular graphics make this a perfect demo for the iPad. Dragging your finger to fly around the planets is a bit intoxicating, and I'm impressed with the smooth animation.” © by Mel Martin, TUAW.
• GALAXY view - absolutely magical zoom out to view the whole galaxy option.
• TIME MACHINE - set any date you want including even minutes and take a travel through space and time.
• MOVIES - explanatory movie collection about the Earth’s phenomena.
• SATELLITES - real-time trajectories of the most interesting artificial Earth's satellites.
• INFO about all planets - general info, its name, its mass, radius, distance to the sun, internal structure with the picture and science missions.
• MOONS of DIFFERENT PLANETS: select a planet like Earth, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars or Urano and observe how many moons they have and their track around the planet. Select one of the moons and learn.
- MIRRORING - wirelessly mirror the screen to an Apple TV 2.
*No Internet connection required*
Mind that to use the 3D mode you will need a pair of cyan-red 3D glasses. And, yes, we know that Pluto is no longer considered a planet, but by popular vote it has been added to the Solar System Model anyway.