Now that the iPad has been out for a few years, and is even in its fifth generation, people have started getting used to the on-screen keyboard. You just don’t hear as many complaints about it as you used to. It doesn’t mean Apple improved the keyboard. Other than the way it looks, it hasn’t changed. It is still kind of a pain. That’s why keyboard cases are so popular. That’s one reason Microsoft brags about having a better tablet. Apple’s iPad keyboard is great as a touch screen feature, but not particularly productive.
SwiftKey has come up with a solution for awkward typing on the iPad. The predictive keyboard app gives you suggestions on words while you type so you don’t have to worry about misspelled words, capitalizations, and switching between numbers and symbols as much. The app learns from your choices, as well. Eventually, you’ll be tapping more words than you are typing.
SwiftKey Note is also integrated with Evernote, so every note you’ve already written in the cloud storage app will be waiting for you. When you write a new note, it will automatically be saved in Evernote, so you can access it on other mobile devices, on your desktop, or from the Web.
“With SwiftKey Note, we’ve worked closely with Apple and Evernote to bring all of the power of SwiftKey’s mind-reading prediction technology to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users everywhere,” said Chris Traganos, Head of Developer Outreach at Evernote. “Whether it’s in the meeting room, lecture hall or grocery store, with SwiftKey Note you can now take much faster notes, getting a more human typing experience from your devices and remembering more of the things that matter in your life.”
The app’s features include:
- Faster, easier note taking – with three next-word suggestions and personalized auto-correction
- It learns from you – the more you write, the more tailored your predictions become;
- Organize your notes – group related notes together in notebooks, label and categorize your notes with tags for easy searching
- Evernote personalization – let SwiftKey’s prediction technology learn from your archive
- Evernote sync – sync newly created notes across devices or to the cloud and import and create new notebooks and tags with your Evernote account
- Easy formatting – swipe the word suggestion bar to the left to reveal bold, italic, underline, indent and bullet points options
- Share your notes – using AirDrop, Messages, Mail or Copy to Clipboard, as well as Evernote sync
- Multilingual – get contextual word suggestions in up to three languages simultaneously
- Track your stats – get real-time analysis of your typing productivity including Efficiency, Keystrokes Saved, Typos Corrected, Words Predicted and Words Completed
SwiftNote is available for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch for free. Download it in the App Store today.