The annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is set to take place this January 7 – 10. Each year, the gadget conference fills with hundreds of iPhone and iPad related products for us to look forward to in the following year. One of our favorite outdoor accessories, the iGrill, is getting an upgrade this year and iDevices will be on hand to demonstrate it for lucky attendees. Additionally, iDevices will be showing off a new propane level checker called iLP.
The iGrill 2 will allow iOS users to monitor the temperature of food via the free companion app from up to 150 feet away. The gadget features an LED Display with proximity activation so you can check the temperature on the grill, even in the dark. It also includes magnet mounts so you can attach it to the side of your grill and four probe ports so you can keep track of four slabs of meat at the same time.
Features of the iGrill 2 included:
- Magnetic Mounting: Magnetic backing allows for convenient mounting on your grill or smoker, or use the optional magnetic disc for mounting on non-magnetic surfaces.
- Seamless Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart technology omits the need for manual pairing and provides a more stable connection.
- Bluetooth Capability: 150-foot Bluetooth range so you never get stuck at the grill.
- Monitor Multiple Probes: Easily track up to four different temperatures.
- Excellent Battery Life: 150 hours of battery life on just 2 AA batteries.
- Illuminated Display: Check the temperature quickly and easily with the proximity sensor LED display.
The iLP keeps track of your propane levels with a compatible iOS app. Just leave it at the bottom of your propane tank and the ultra-sonic sensors will provide an accurate reading for how much propane you have left. The app will also direct you to the nearest refill station based on your current location.
Features of the iLP include:
- Track from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch: 30-foot Bluetooth range.
- Battery Life: 2 years.
- Pair with Multiple units: Stay connected to multiple iLPs simultaneously.
- Interchangeable: Moving iLP to a new tank is simple and can be done over and over again.
- Magnetic Mounting: No installation required, easily mount iLP to the bottom of a propane tank.
- Perfectly Engineered: Patented technology using ultra-sonic sensors retrieves the most accurate reading.
The iGrill 2 will be available from the company’s website for $99.99 later this year. The iLP’s pricing will be announced later in 2014.