A new week means a new post about Apple’s weekly App Store Editor’s Choice award. Every Thursday, Apple awards a particular app or game with a special spotlight as being the Editor’s Choice. Every Monday, we fill you in on it. Last week, Apple gave Winston Show the award. The entertainment app put kids in the guest seat of an interactive talk show.
This week, Apple spotlighted Disney’s newest iOS exclusive app, Where’s My Water 2. This sequel to the popular puzzle adventure, starring everyone’s favorite bathing alligator, Swampy, adds 100 new levels of dirt-digging, water relocation game.
In this new version, players have a whole new set of puzzles to figure out. Plus, there are new challenges, different versions of the same level, and new duckies for you to try to save.
Challenge levels let you play the same level over again, but with new goals. For example, one level may require you to collect all duckies, but the challenge requires you to avoid all of them. Another challenge may be to replay the level upside-down.
New “Duck Rush” levels put your speed to the test. Dig as fast as you can to get all of the duckies.
- Play 100+ levels and challenges with a brand new look in the Gator universe featuring Swampy, Allie, Cranky, and Mystery Duck!
- Introducing ‘Challenge Modes’ to replay the levels in explosive new ways!
- Dig as fast as you can and get as many duckies as possible in ‘Duck Rush’ levels!
- ‘Tri-ducking’ is now faster, better and more fun with boosts, such as Vacuum, Dropper, and Absorber! Small fees may be required for these additional boosts. Connect through Facebook and see if you can beat your pals on the adventure!
- Experience fun mechanics that are uniquely designed for each character!
- Complete achievements and earn special themed duckies such as gladiator-duckie, astronaut-duckie, hula-duckie, and many more!
- Stuck on a level? Use hints to help you solve the puzzles!
Where’s My Water 2 is available on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Download it for free in the App Store today. It does offer lots of in-app purchases, so be sure to turn off IAPs in your Settings app before letting the little one play it.