If you are looking for a new portable wireless speaker system, Harman has just launched a classy looking unit to make your listening experience more convenient.
Harmon Kardon’s new “Onyx” wireless speaker system is compatible with Bluetooth, AirPlay, DLNA, and audio AUX-in. It features four-channel amplification for 60 watts of power across four different speakers. The dual aluminum passive radiators and Digital Signal Processor offer a high-quality sound that combines highs, mids, and lows for clarity of frequency. All of this power is compacted into a sculptural enclosure with a distinctive shape.
“Listeners today collect, store, and carry their music in so many different ways, using so many different devices,” said Michael Mauser, President of HARMAN Lifestyle. “We set out to provide people with a single great sound system that’s convenient to use, and able to connect via Bluetooth, AirPlay® for Apple iOS users, DLNA for others, and stereo AUX-in. And do it smoothly and cleanly, without sacrificing sound quality. And then we made it look great.”
The speaker is also compatible with the Harman Kardon Remote app for iOS so you can control your music from anywhere in the room. The app also makes setup of the Onyx easier while giving you control of product specific features for full wireless control.
The Harman Kardon Onyx Wireless Speaker System includes the following features:
- Cutting-edge balance of beauty, performance, and connectivity
- Performance-tuned transducers: 2 x 3″ woofers and 2 x 3/4″ tweeters
- Four channels of amplification deliver 60W of power
- Dual aluminum passive radiators for exceptional bass response
- Harman Kardon DSP for improved soundstaging and voicing
- Frequency response: 55 Hz to 20 kHz
- NFC makes Bluetooth setup as easy tapping your phone on the speaker
- Wireless Bluetooth streams music from your stereo, smartphone, or MP3 player, with aptX and AAC codecs for superior streaming audio quality
- Wireless AirPlay® streams music from Apple and iOS devices with lossless audio quality
- DLNA streams music from Android, Windows, and Harman Kardon devices
- 3.5 mm stereo audio in jack for wired connections
- Built-in rechargeable battery gives up to six hours of playtime
- Sleek leather-clad enclosure with stainless steel handle
- Compact round shape complements any surroundings
- Harman Kardon Remote App compatible
- Comes with power adapter
The Onyx Wireless Speaker System will be available from the company’s website later this year for a retail price of $499.