Star Wars fans are about to get a treat in the form of a Collectable Card Game for the iPad. On Sept. 4, the Force will be with you as you take your chances on collecting 230 heroes and villains from the Star Wars universe.
Konami Digital Entertainment has just announced that Star Wars: Force Collection, a CCG battle game will be available as a free download starting Sept. 4. The game gives fans of the Star Wars universe an opportunity to collect and play with more than 200 familiar characters and vehicles from Episodes I-VI.
You will be able to pick up quests, fight battles, and collect cards and upgrades. As you progress in the game, your decisions will determine whether you join the light or dark side of the Force.
“Stating the obvious, Star Wars is an enormously successful franchise, and we saw great potential in the story to delight fans around the world with a deep game experience on mobile devices,” said Tomoyuki Tsuboi, President of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. “Konami’s proven capabilities in mobile game development and publishing, particularly in the card battle genre, are the perfect fit for Star Wars, and we’re very pleased to bring this new experience to players around the globe.”
The game’s features will include:
- Build and upgrade unique decks with more than 230 characters from all six episodes of the Star Wars saga
- Collect blueprint pieces to construct powerful vehicles like X-Wings, AT-ATs, and TIE Fighters and support your forces in battle.
- Embark on quests across the Star Wars galaxy for experience, currency, and more powerful cards
- Choose to join the Jedi or the Sith through your in-game actions
- Participate in game-wide events that pit Jedi and Sith against each other on a massive scale to earn honor and ranks within your faction
- Experience the sound, music and scenes from the original Star Wars movies
- Connect with Facebook (optional) to easily match up with friends and battle with, or against, them
Visit the official website of Star Wars: Force Collection today to find out more. Be ready to take on the Sith empire (Or Jedi council, if you choose) on Sept. 4.