Welcome back to another Friday and another reason to flashback. We love old school games, retro games, and just about anything that is pixelated. Last week, we told you about the music-inspired Pong-on-acid game Bit. Trip HD. If you thought hitting a ball with a paddle was easy, think again.
This week, we are taking a trip to 1986, when Pixar first opened its doors, Halley’s comet came closer to Earth than ever before, and Top Gun made breaking the sound barrier sexy.
A lot happened in 1986. One event that changed the lives of computer gamers around the nation was the launch of Defender of the Crown. This epic role-playing game turned skeptics into fans and made the world take notice with its futuristic graphics.
The iOS port of Defender of the Crown made its way into the App Store in 2011. It is exactly like the original in practically every sense.
Players control a heroic adventurer as he fights off enemies who try to invade his land. You will be building armies, invading territories, and rescue fair maidens who’ve been kidnapped.
The game’s features include:
- 100% accurate emulation allows you to play the classic Defender of the Crown in its original glory!
- Heart pounding action as you rescue your lady from a foul Norman prison.
- Majestic tournaments where you joust for fame, fortune and land.
- Heroic battles featuring castle shattering giant catapults!
- A unique blend of role playing and strategy combined with dazzling arcade style sequences.
- Easy-to-use controls. No typing required!
Defender of the Crown is available for $2.99. Download it in the App Store today.