Well, it’s Friday again. This time, we’ve got a nice long weekend to look forward to. Fridays are great for finishing up on the week’s business and getting ready for a relaxing bit of fun. Every Friday, we spotlight a classic arcade or console game that brings back our days of youth. Last week, we reminded you of afternoons listening to Bad Religion and driving through city streets, looking for fares with Crazy Taxi.
This week, we are only going back about half a decade with another console game that may have had you glued to your boob tube for hours of afterschool fun.
In the mid 1990s, a slimy little hero took the world by storm with his clever wit and oddball humor. With enemies like “Queen Slug-for-a-Butt” and “Evil the Cat,” Earthworm Jim was Sega’s answer to The Tick.
Players run, jump, and swing from their prehensile heads. This run-and-gun game is full of side-scrolling action. You’ll have to be fast on the draw to avoid obstacles and enemies as you run down precarious paths.
In addition to the side-scrolling mayhem, interval levels put you in the seat of a rocket ship as you race against the enemy through a slalom course of death.
You’ll be launching cows, blasting angry birds, and saving the day in all manner of ways.
The game features:
Run, gun, swing from hooks with your head, launch cows, bungee jump, rocket through speed levels and more.
- Face 12 types of enemies and 9 bosses.
- 4 different styles of gameplay: Side-scrolling run & gun, space racing, bungee jumping and underwater levels
- 10 original environments divided into 16 levels
- 4 levels of difficulty – including the challenging mode of the original game
- The re-mastered cult soundtrack
- iPod library access to play your favorite tracks while playing the game.
Earthworm Jim is available for $4.99. Download it in the App Store today.