We iPad owners want it all, including the ability to mount a device on the wall, in a car, and to prop it on a tabletop. The Boomerang, Xvida‘s all-in-one iPad accessory aims to help a user accomplish all of these tasks. Xvida seeks funding for the Boomerang through a Kickstarter campaign.
Boomerang stands out from the rest of its kind thanks to its wide range of applications. The Boomerang, an x-shaped device that folds up like a four-legged robot, adjusts to multiple viewing angles or snaps onto the back of an iPad. Xvida offers a wide variety of different mounting options that work with the Boomerang:
- The Multi Mount — works as a wall mount or a magnetic mount, attaching to metal, to smooth surfaces with an adhesive or to a wall with a screw.
- The Headrest Mount — attaches magnetically to the back of a car headrest, which is great for travel.
- The Air Vent Mount — attaches to a car’s air vent, keeping the iPad within reach of the driver for navigation and music.
- The Suction Cup Mount — similar to a standard GPS mount, the suction cup adheres to the inside of a windshield.
- The Table Stand — this sharp-looking aluminum stand keeps the iPad at a perfect viewing angle on a desktop.
A user may choose to purchase any or all of these choices. Boomerang’s varied choice of accessories broadens the range of places that the user can mount his iPad. Boomerang works with the iPad 2, iPad 3, and iPad 4, and is also compatible with Apple’s Smart Cover.
Interested backers can pledge to receive multiple rewards, so it’s possible to customize your reward package. Simply add up the items you wish to back (e.g. Boomerang + multi mount $65, headrest mount $20, suction cup mount $20) then make a pledge for the total amount. If the project is funded, Xvida will contact each backer so he can specify exactly which accessories he wants.
Backers have until the funding period ends on Wednesday December 12, 2012 to pledge and help bring this innovative iPad accessory to market.