The reasons for wanting a case for any mobile device can vary: some people would like to try and keep their new iPad Mini safe from bumps and bruises and accidental falls, others know they are using their device on the go and want an easy and safe way to transport it and access it, while others want to express their individuality and kick things up with a little color or a fun pattern. If you are one of the lucky people gearing up to pre-order your new iPad Mini, take a look at a few case recommendations from somebody who may be described as having an addiction to such things.
1. The Joy Factory Fizz ($34.95) – Even though The Joy Factory has a number of iPad Mini cases ready for pre-order, the Fizz stands out with “a hardshell back plate with distinctive lines, a built in stand, and a festive pop of color.” The textured back will give you added grip while protecting from the little scrapes and scratches that are bound to happen when you are tossing your new iPad Mini into your purse or briefcase (or back-pack!). Choose from three fun colors: Grape, Blackberry, or Pomegranate.
2. Incipio LGND Premium Hard-Shell Folio ($34.99) – The folks over at Incipio are always one of the first out of the gate with new and beautiful accessories for the latest Apple products and the iPad Mini is no exception. While there is a full line-up of options, the LGND Premium Hard-Shell Folio is a step above. Made from rigid Plextonium, these cases have a suede-like feel with full back and front protection (while still giving the auto-wake and sleep functionality that we enjoy from Apple’s Smart Cover designs) while offering multiple viewing angles.
3. M-Edge Latitude 360 ($34.99) – For those who require something a little more robust, like outdoor enthusiasts and athletes, take a look at the M-Edge Latitude 360 case. With four-corner mounting straps and full zipper closure keeping your device protected from dust, sand, and debris it will be a ‘no-brainer’ to have your iPad Mini with you at all times. The exterior of this case is made from ballistic nylon while the inside is a soft jersey knit with room for stylus storage, though the best feature of this case is the double zipper closure that gives access to all ports for things like charging without having to remove your iPad Mini from the case.
4. iFrogz Breeze ($29.99) – There is never any question that iFrogz will create a case solution that looks different from the competition and the Breeze is no exception. Much like their iPhone case of the same design, this accessory is made from shock-absorbent TPU with just enough grip to be comfortable and with just enough front-lip to keep your screen safe from scratches when you lay the iPad Mini down on a desk or table.
5. Belkin Quilted Cover with Stand ($39.99) – Are you looking for an iPad Mini case that is slightly more fashion-forward? Consider the Belkin Quilted Cover with Stand that gives full-protection with a number of different viewing angles (all held together with a magnetized tab closure). The case boasts having a soft inner lining while still being sleek and not adding a lot of bulk to your new ultra-portable iPad.