For today’s Weekly App Series we’ve found great apps to add to your iPad collection. We have included five essential apps for fantasy football players in this week’s bundle. Our editorial team goes through the data, picks the best and most interesting apps and then brings them to you on a regular basis.
We used our PadGadget Apps Tracker to find these great apps and we’ll continue to look for the best apps on a weekly basis. Be sure to check them out because these apps might just be what you’re looking for.
This week’s category is: Apps for Fantasy Football
1. RotoWire Fantasy Football Draft Kit 2012 ($4.99) – The 2012 apps have finally arrived in anticipation of the new season, and this year’s RotoWire Draft Kit is a must have app for any serious fantasy football player. This app automatically adjusts to your league settings and it helps you to manage your draft on the go, serving as a one-stop shop for everything you need for a successful draft. The RotoWire app has outlooks for hundreds of players this season, plus a Watchlist to let you keep an eye on your preferred players.
2. Yahoo! Fantasy Football ’12 (Free) – If Yahoo is the site that you use to play fantasy football, you’ll want to download this companion app on your iPad. It features live scoring so you can follow your team in real time during games, full roster management, information on matchups and breaking player news that comes with videos and all the latest updates. If you have a Yahoo team, this is a must have resource. If your team is ESPN or CBS, you’ll want to download those apps instead.
3. Rotoworld Fantasy News (Free) – Rotoworld Fantasy News is the app to download for all of your fantasy football league news. Run by NBC, it is the top source for all fantasy sports news, including information on players, injury reports, and detailed analysis which will help you when you’re choosing your draft. Keep up to date on the latest news all season long and follow your favorite players with customizable watch lists. You can also initiate a search for any player to see all the news on each person, giving you quick access to player info.
4. Fantasy Football ’12 HD for Yahoo/ESPN ($4.99) – This app from Bignoggins was last year’s number one fantasy football app, and it’s a must download if you participate in more than one fantasy football league. This app supports Yahoo!, ESPN, and NFL.com, allowing you to manage all of your teams in one place. The app features drag and drop lineups, quick search, player trading, message boards, and team notes so you can keep up to date on everything that’s going on. You can also check live sports scores and weekly matchups, plus get tips on the message board.
5. Fantasy Cheat Sheet 2012 for iPad ($4.99) – This popular fantasy football app is the official fantasy cheat sheet of the National Football League. The app features NFL content in addition to up to date player news, injury reports, depth charts, and more. You’re able to create your own custom rankings and calculate them based on your league scoring system. Drafting is easy with the value based drafting algorithm, which ranks players by value instead of simply raw points. The extensive custom scoring options allow you to set rules for any league scoring system, making this a great all around app.