It’s summertime, and the living is easy. Summer is also the time many iPad owners search out just the right drink recipe to enjoy every moment that remains of this beautiful time of year.
Whether you’re craving a fresh juice, a smoothie, or something with a little more kick, we’ve found four apps and one iBook that will help you make a drink that’s memorable and delicious.
Not only will these apps help you find the perfect drink, some also offer advice about choosing proper barware and blenders.
1. Speakeasy Cocktails: Learn from the Modern Mixologists ($9.99). Speakeasy Cocktails is the authoritative guide to mixed drinks. With more than 200 recipes from mixing masters, this universal app has everything to quench your thirst. Speakeasy goes beyond the drinks with video tutorials and recommendations for ingredients and bar equipment.
2. Martha Stewart Cocktails ($0.99) Callaway Digital Arts bring many of Martha Stewart’s favorite cocktail recipes to the iPad. The initial download includes classic drinks recipes, Cutting Edge Cocktails (shout out to the Basil French 75), Mocktails, and bar snacks that pair with the drinks. Users can purchase additional recipe packs from within the app for $0.99.
3. Cocktails HD for iPad ($2.99) Cocktails HD offers a good basic cocktail app. It’s perfect for the useful for the user who wants to make something different, but doesn’t mix drinks often enough to tell a Rob Roy from an Old-fashioned. The app also helps users with wine pairing. Read our full review here.
4. Whole Living Smoothies ($1.99) Whole Living Smoothies, another creation of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and Callaway Digital Arts, comes with 36 recipes in three categories: Essentials, Meal-in-a-Glass, and Allergen-Free . Users who want smoothie recipes for detoxing, weight loss or boosting immunity can purchase recipe packs within the app for $0.99 per pack. Read our full review here.
5. The Everything Juicing Book ($9.99) Don’t forget that iBooks is a wonderful resource for recipes of all types. The Everything Juicing Book is a universal, digital version of the popular print cookbook that provides recipes for juicers of all skill levels from the novice to the diehard. There are 150 different recipes that make the most out of a wide variety of fruits and vegetables.
Photo courtesy of Flickr user kurmanstaff