For today’s Weekly App Series we’ve found seven great apps to add to your iPad collection. Our editorial team goes through the data, picks the best apps and then brings them to you on a regular basis.
We used our PadGadget Apps Tracker to find these great apps and we’ll continue to look for the top apps on a weekly basis. Be sure to check them out because these apps might just be what you’re looking for.
This week’s category is: Apps For Party Planning
1. Martha Stewart CraftStudio (Free) - The first thing you’ll need for any great party is a fantastic invitation, because your invites set the tone for the entire event. While you can go with a traditional paper invite or a simple email or Facebook event, why not spice it up with a custom made e-card designed with the Martha Stewart CraftStudio? This app features tons of polished designs for any event, from birthdays and weddings to simple barbecues. And with hundreds of add-ons like stickers, stamps, and embellishments, you can create the perfect custom invitation.
2. Pro Party Planner ($4.99) - Organizing a large event can be a challenge, but with the Pro Party Planner, you’ll have everything you need in one central location. This app includes an extensive guest list, a planning module with a space to enter your menu, drinks, decorations, entertainment, party favors, and more, plus a shopping list and a task list so you can delegate appropriately. With the included party timeline you’ll know exactly what’s happening and when, and reminders can be set so you’ll know exactly when to pick up the rental chairs or head out to get the ice.
3. Guest List Organizer HD ($4.99) - If you’re planning a major event like a wedding, you’ll want to download this handy guest list assistant. With this app, you’ll be able to automatically import contacts from Facebook or your contact list, so you can keep track of who is attending, who they’re bringing, and who isn’t coming. You can sort guest lists by RSVP, attendance, name, and more, plus export all the information into a handy printable PDF document. You can also try the lite version before you shell out the cash.
4. AllRecipes (Free) - Having trouble deciding what to serve at your next gathering? This comprehensive recipe app is filled with thousands of great food ideas. You can use this app to search by food type, including appetizers and desserts, or by ingredients if you’re going with a theme. Need a Hawaiian-themed rice for that luau party? No problem. Want a great new hotdog recipe for your summer barbecue? This is the app to get. Recipes are member tested, so you can find the best tasting stuff without a hassle, and you can even get detailed nutritional information and service size right in the app.
5. iBartender ($0.99) - When you have great party food planned, you’ll also want to come up with some party drinks to serve. Get away from the boring beer and wine with this fun bartending app that will help you come up with plenty of drink ideas for your party. Use the shopping list feature to come up with drinks using ingredients you already have on hand, or search for drinks based on a specific base. If you’ve managed to whip up your own fantastic concoction, you can add the recipe into the app so it will be on hand the next time you need it.
6. Pocketbooth ($0.99) - Pocketbooth isn’t an app that you need for a party, but it can make your event a lot more fun. This photography app lets you set up a photobooth using just your iPad, so your guests can take all kinds of awesome photobooth-style photos at the party. You can share these photos on your favorite social networks, including Facebook and Twitter, print them on your home printer, or you can have them professionally printed and sent to your address for a small fee. With plenty of fun filters, your guests will have a ball making quirky photostrips. Add in some silly props for an even better time.
7. Spotify (Free) - Worried about music? Just hook your iPad up to a speaker and you’ll be set with Spotify’s new radio feature. If you have a subscription ($9.99/month) you can play any tunes you want, but if you don’t, this is still a great option. Use the app to find a customized radio station playing the tunes you want and you’ll be set for the duration of the party. Spotify lets you access millions of songs in seconds. You’ve got enough to worry about when planning a party, so let Spotify take care of the tunes.