For today’s Weekly App Series we’ve found six great apps to add to your iPad collection. Our editorial team goes through the data, picks the best and most interesting apps and then brings them to you on a regular basis.
We used our PadGadget Apps Tracker to find these great apps and we’ll continue to look for the best apps on a weekly basis. Be sure to check them out because these apps might just be what you’re looking for.
This week’s category is: Apps for Father’s Day
1. The Better Bacon Book: Make, Cool, and Eat Your Way to Cured Pork Greatness ($2.99) – The Better Bacon Book is the ultimate guide to all things bacon, and what dad doesn’t love the crispy, salty goodness of perfectly cooked bacon? This app features more than 20 bacon cooking videos plus recipes for bacon-infused treats like Maple Bacon Sticky Buns, Bacon Créme Brûlée. Malted Bacon Ice Cream, Bacon Tempura, and Bacon Cornbread. Yum!
2. Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy ($4.99) – Sky Gamblers is the ultimate air combat game with an extensive single player campaign and multiple multiplayer modes. The game, designed specifically for Apple’s third generation iPad features gorgeous visuals with realistic lighting, HDR rendering, and high definition textures. Dad can play against his friends, and play on the big screen with AirPlay.
3. djay ($9.99) - Is dad an audiophile? He might just love mixing up his own music tracks for the next family barbecue or party with this amazing, easy-to-use djay app that transforms your iPad into a fully-fledged DJ system and seamlessly integrates with the iPad’s music library. With its innovative multi-touch mixing, it’s perfect for beginners and professionals alike. Dad love taking video even more? Check out Algoriddim’s vjay instead.
4. Bike Baron ($0.99) - If your dad has always wanted a motorcycle, this app is the next best thing. It’s got all the fun with none of the danger, so dad can rev up and race from the comfort of the couch. This is the ultimate bike game for the iPad, with more than 90 tracks and 300 challenges to finish. Dad can even create his own tracks with the built-in level editor and challenge his friends to beat them.
5. Flick Golf HD ($2.99) – I don’t really understand the appeal of golf, but dads sure seem to love it! With this game, dad can play golf without having to head out to the green, using the iPad’s touch screen to overcome the wind and bounce to sink balls in the hole. The game has courses from around the world, from Japan to the USA, and features realistic spin control and amazing 3D environments. Can dad manage to score that ultimate hole-in-one with this fun game?
6. Popular Mechanics Magazine ($1.99/Issue) – If dad is a car fanatic, you won’t go wrong with a subscription to the iPad-optimized version of Popular Mechanics. This magazine features tons of useful DIY tips and ideas, plus car reviews, and the latest news on tech, space, and science. Cars not his thing? Try Esquire for the iPad, GQ, or Wired, all of which have digital subscriptions available.
Note: For additional information, check out the PadGadget Apps Tracker. Our tracker provides an easy way to constantly monitor the App Store to find the best iPad apps for you. If you loved these apps, be sure to check out our Weekly Series list of apps for the iPad.