For today’s Weekly App Series we’ve found great apps to add to your iPad collection. We have included six essential apps for business people in this week’s bundle. Our editorial team goes through the data, picks the best and most interesting apps and then brings them to you on a regular basis.
We used our PadGadget Apps Tracker to find these great apps and we’ll continue to look for the best apps on a weekly basis. Be sure to check them out because these apps might just be what you’re looking for.
This week’s category is: Apps for Business People
1. Numbers ($9.99) — Numbers for iPad brings all the beauty and elegance of its sister program for the Mac to iOS. Apple’s universal spreadsheet app lets users add tables, charts, photos, and graphics, plus it has more than 250 built-in functions. Thanks to iCloud integration Numbers keeps your documents synced across all of your devices. Numbers looks great on any Apple device, but is especially stunning on the new iPad’s Retina display.
2. SlideShark: Powerpoint Presentations on the iPad (Free) — Powerpoint presentations are entrenched as a method of business communication. SlideShark for iPad, developed by BrainShark, will play Powerpoint presentations on an iPad without an internet connection. Compatible with all iPad models, this useful app also allows the user to show their presentation on a large screen with a VGA or HDMI projector. Owners of the iPad 2 and new iPad can use presentation mode to time presentation length and view presentation notes.
3. GoodReader ($4.99) — GoodReader for iPad is a must-own app for business professionals. GoodReader earned its stripes as one of the truly essential iPad apps because it is both a flexible file reader, handling .PDFs, books, manuals with ease, and a tool for .PDF annotation. Users can add text boxes, popup comments, text highlights, freehand drawings, lines, arrows, rectangles, ovals, cloudy shapes, text underlines, strikeouts, and text insertion marks to .PDFs without altering the original file. GoodReader’s intuitive GUI is easy to use. It can handle a wide variety of file types (.PDF, .TXT, MSOffice and iWork for starters), and is compatible with DropBox and Box.Net.
4. Square Register for iPad (Free) — Square Register expands the point-of-service abilities of the Square Card Reader. Square charges just 2.75 percent per transaction, and allows users to accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover or cash payments. Users must register for a Square account and get a card reader (both are free) before he start accepting transactions. The customer signs with a finger, then the vendor can print, email, or text receipts to his customers. It’s time to ditch that old-school credit card swiper. Square can help small businesses or anyone who needs to take an occasional payment.
5. eWallet – Password Manager and Secure Storage Database Wallet ($9.99) — Data security is critical in both the public and private sectors. Illium Software’s eWallet password manager offers 256-bit AES encryption, giving users peace of mind by keeping passwords, account info, card numbers, and ID numbers safe. This universal app will run on iPad as well as iPhone or iPod touch, so users can access their data across all of their iOS devices. Users who purchase the available PC or Mac versions can also sync information to a desktop or laptop. The app also offers free iCloud synchronization.
6. Corkulous Pro ($4.99) — Corkulous Pro is a wonderful tool for business collaboration or for visual learners who like to see their ideas evolve on the digital screen. The pro version offers unlimited virtual cork boards to which users can add notes, labels, photos, contacts, tasks, index cards, and arrow flags. Export finished boards as .PDFs or save them to the iPad camera roll. Users can also store and share their virtual cork boards via iCloud or share their work with others via Dropbox. Not sure if Corkulous is for you? Check out the free version for access to a single, Dropbox compatible cork board.
Note: For additional information, check out the PadGadget Apps Tracker. Our tracker provides an easy way to constantly monitor the App Store to find the best iPad apps for you. If you loved these apps, be sure to check out our Weekly Series list of apps for the iPad.