For today’s Weekly App Series we’ve found seven great apps for professional photographers. Our editorial team goes through the data, picks the best and most interesting apps and then brings them to you on a regular basis.
We used our PadGadget Apps Tracker to find these great apps and we’ll continue to look for the best apps on a weekly basis. Be sure to check them out because these apps might just be what you’re looking for.
This week’s category is: Apps for Professional Photographers
1. LightTrac ($4.99) – LightTrac is a must have tool for all photographers who take photos outdoors. Using this app, you can quickly determine the time and location for the perfect light conditions to shoot outdoor subjects. LightTrac calculates the elevation and the angle of the sun and the moon for any date and time on any place on earth and plots it on a satellite map. Plan your photo shoots months in advance and position yourself at the exact right spot for the perfect photograph.
2. Photographers Contract Maker ($2.99) – Forget carrying stacks of paper to a photo shoot or a client meeting. This app allows you to create, edit, sign, and email photography contracts and releases right from your iPad. You an create a contract and then embed your own personal images and brands. The app comes with four starter contracts including a photo shoot contract, a copyright release, and a work for higher release.
3. Easy Release ($9.99) – The Easy Release model release app replaces inconvenient paper model release and property release forms with a streamlined application designed by professional photographers for professional photographers. With this app you can collect the data and the signatures that you need on your iPhone, and the app then mails a PDF and a JPEG of the release to your email address. It comes bundled with industry standard model and release forms used by leading photo agencies.
4. Snapseed ($4.99) – Snapseed, from Nik Software, is arguably the best photo editing app available for the iPad, which is why it was voted iPad app of the year by Apple in 2011. With Snapseed’s advanced features and powerful tools, you can turn your photos from blah to amazing in just a few taps. This app’s one-touch auto correct is by far the best of any photo app, and its filters, like Drama, Vintage, and Grunge, consistently produce amazing images that can’t be achieved with any other photo editing app, desktop or mobile.
5. Photoshop Touch ($9.99) – With Adobe’s version of Photoshop for the iPad, you can manipulate your photos and images in all new ways. The app includes popular Photoshop features like layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters, all of which can be combined to create the perfect work of art. Adobe’s new Scribble Selection tool makes extraction editing on the iPad a breeze – just draw on the item you want to remove from a photo, apply the Refine Edge tool, and you’ll have desktop quality edited photos in no time at all.
6. iPhoto ($4.99) – Apple’s well known Mac photo application has been brought to iOS, and it’s better than ever. With this app, you can browse, edit, and share your photos from your iPad, and enhance your pictures with Apple’s included effects. Multi-touch controls allow users to use their fingertips as brushes to apply adjustments to specific sections of photos, and AirPlay support allows you to share photos between your devices and display them on your Apple TV.
7. PhotoSync ($1.99) – Getting photos onto your iPad (aside from those you take on the device itself) isn’t always an easy task. Sure, there’s Dropbox or the Camera Connection Kit from Apple, but this app beats both of those. It allows you to wireless transfer your photos and videos from from or to your computer and all of your other iDevices with virtually no effort at all. Just set it up, choose where you want to transfer, and your photos will be sent automatically. You can transfer just a few photos, or thousands, and there are even Aperture and iPhoto companion apps that allow one-drag transferring from your Mac.
Note: For additional information, check out the PadGadget Apps Tracker. Our tracker provides an easy way to constantly monitor the App Store to find the best iPad apps for you. If you loved these apps, be sure to check out our Weekly Series list of apps for the iPad.