Rovio’s Angry Birds series caught on like wildfire after it was released, and the company has managed to sell more than 750 million copies of its games. The company’s success spawned a line of Angry Birds merchandise, allowing fans of the series to purchase plush toys, t-shirts, hats, and more, featuring their favorite birds and pigs.
The company announced that it recently finalized several licensing deals that will allow manufacturers to produce products with designs from the popular games.
Here’s what’s coming:
- Bioworld Merchandising will be creating apparel, headwear, bags and accessories
- Jazwares is developing a series of plush toys, figures and electronic accessories including headphones, USBs, speakers and device cases
- Walls360 will be offering a starting line up of wall graphics including individual characters and exclusive bundles
- Funko will be creating Plants vs. Zombies versions of their distinctive Pop! Vinyl Figurines
- MjC International is working on adult sleepwear and boxers
- Trends International is developing calendars and posters
Plants vs. Zombies t-shirts, pajamas, and stuffed toys? Sign me up! I love the look of those zombie-scarfing plants.
The first Plants vs. Zombies products from Popcap’s new partners will begin appearing this spring, and later this year and throughout 2013, new franchises, such as Bejeweled, will be added to the lineup.