This afternoon, Apple pushed out an update for its iAd Producer software, which contains several new features and quite a few enhancements for already existing features, providing faster load and save times and improving overall performance.
The new version of iAd has also added support for the third generation iPad, to allow for on-device ad debugging and WebGL assets, but the most exciting new feature is the addition of Twitter integration.
With Twitter integration, iAd creators are able to integrate Twitter directly into advertisements, which will allow users to tweet and share ads.
Here’s the full rundown on the improvements and bug fixes in Apple’s iAd update:
- Provide improved load and save performance for iAd projects
- Improve the performance of exported ad units
- Facilitate better pre-load behavior for assets in exported ad units
- Allow ad upload and testing with iOS devices connected via USB
- Reduce device memory usage for image views
- Enable use of image sprites
- Provide support for on-device debugging
- Enable Twitter integration in iAd content
- Simplify visualization of animations by providing an onion-skinning view
- Expand the types of assets that can be imported and managed in the asset library to include common document types
- Support the new media object in iAd JS
- Provide support for integration of WebGL assets in iAd content
- Extend device support to include The New iPad
This update to iAd comes just days after Apple announced that it was increasing developer iAd revenue to 70 percent, in an effort to tempt more developers to use the iAd software, which, historically, has been largely unsuccessful.
With a more user friendly interface and several feature-rich additions, plus the increase in revenue, iAd may just become a more popular tool for developers.