Even though travelers haven’t heard of LodgeNet, most have used its services while staying in a hotel. LodgeNet provides TV and other entertainment media for 85 percent of the hospitality industry including well-known hotel chains like Marriott, Sheraton, and Holiday Inn. Thanks to LodgeNet Mobile, the company’s new universal app, travelers with an iOS device can now control hotel TVs, as well as learn more about their hotel services and their surroundings.
LodgeNet is banking that busy travelers will welcome this change. “Today’s tech-savvy consumers don’t see the point of picking up a separate device just to watch TV,” said Todd Kelly, Vice President of Mobile for LodgeNet, adding, “The mobile device-as-remote is the shape of things to come, and we want to be out in front of that trend.”
According to Derek S. White, President of Interactive & Media Networks for LodgeNet, “The LodgeNet Mobile App was developed to be fun, fast and very easy to use so that travelers can customize their hotel and travel experience in everything from the movies they watch, to the restaurants they dine in, to the hotel services and local entertainment options they choose – all managed and controlled through their own mobile device.”
The app’s features include:
• Control the in-room TV – channels, volume, on/off
• View in-room movie listings and stream trailers
• Order in-room movies and TV VOD entertainment
• Find in-depth information about your hotel
• Front desk click-to-dial for housekeeping, wake-up, and room service
• Check out the best of in-room dining and hotel services
• Receive weekly recommendations specific to your travel location
• Search list of local events, concerts and games
• Read reviews of top restaurants and attractions in the area
The LodgeNet Mobile App, which is free to download from the App Store, is currently available in over 500,000 guest rooms. White expects the app to “have a reach of over 200 million travelers annually in the most popular hotels and all major brands across the country.”
Does having an app on your iDevice to run the hotel’s TV appeal to you? Let us know in the comments if you plan to add LodgeNet Mobile to your iPad or iPhone.