For today’s Weekly App Series we’ve found eight great apps to add to your iPad collection. We have included eight apps for staying healthy in this week’s bundle. Our editorial team goes through the data, picks the best and most interesting apps and then brings them to you on a regular basis.
We used our PadGadget Apps Tracker to find these great apps and we’ll continue to look for the best apps on a weekly basis. Be sure to check them out because these apps might just be what you’re looking for.
This week’s category is: Apps for Staying Healthy
1. WebMD (free) – Do you have a strange rash, or an inexplicable cough, or a sudden fever? Use this app to look up your symptoms and find out if it’s something serious. Just get diagnosed with something? Look it up in WebMD and find all the information that you need. This app also provides a drug and vitamin database that will tell you side effects, interactions, and warnings of all of the medicines you’re taking. WebMD is a must have app for staying healthy.
2. Livestrong Calorie Tracker ($2.99) – There are hidden calories in everything that we eat, and the best way to lose weight and avoid unhealthy foods is to keep tabs on what you’re eating. The Livestrong Calorie Tracker app has a database of 1.3 million food and restaurant items, making it simple to keep track of everything that you eat. In addition to calories, the app tracks fat, carbohydrates, and protein intake, and it syncs with your online Livestrong MyPlate account.
3. Fitness Buddy HD ($0.99) – This popular fitness app puts more than a thousand unique exercises right at your fingertips. Want to work on those abs or beef up your arms? Don’t worry, this app has you covered. It’s also got comprehensive exercises for all major equipment items like barbells, resistance bands, and stability balls, plus more than 3000 detailed photos and animations with instructions that’ll whip you into shape in no time.
4. HeartWise Blood Pressure Tracker ($2.99) – While this app isn’t able to measure your blood pressure on its own, it does have an easy to use interface that will allow you to keep track of all of your readings, including blood pressure, resting heart rate, and weight, so you keep an eye on your health. HeartWise gives a great visualization of how your blood pressure changes over the course of a day, and it has clear color coding to show elevated risk levels.
5. Sleep Well; Intelligent Sleep Tracker ($3.99) – A good night’s sleep is an essential part of staying healthy, and getting enough shut eye will keep you happy, alert, and able to the day every morning. The Sleep Well tracker will help you fall asleep, wake up, and it will track your sleep patterns so you can figure out the best times for sleeping and waking to get the most restful sleep. Set multiple alarms with special sounds for waking and falling asleep, and then get a detailed graph of how you slept. Guaranteed to improve your sleep/wake cycle.
6. WaterMe: Daily Water Tracker ($0.99) – We’re supposed to drink eight full glasses of water per day to stay healthy, but that’s a difficult task. I know I rarely reach that number. Dehydration can make us tired and irritable, so it’s important to remember to chug that water. This app is designed to help you keep track of your daily water entake and to remind you to refill that water bottle, keeping you hydrated and happy throughout the day.
7. Relax Melodies Premium HD ($3.99) – When are bodies are stressed, they produce cortisol, a hormone that has a myriad of negative side effects. Have you noticed that you get sick more often when you’re under a lot of pressure? It’s important to take a moment and relax every now and then, and this app is a great way to do it. There are 82 customs sounds that you can mix to create your perfect blend for sleeping, relaxing, meditating, and yoga.
8. Pocket Yoga HD ($3.99) – Yoga is great for health, exercise, and stress relief, and who doesn’t need a little of all three every now and then? With Pocket Yoga, you can practice and work out at your own pace and on your own schedule whenever you have free time. Detailed spoken and visual instructions will guide you through every pose, including inhalations and exhalations. There’s three different practices, three difficulty levels, and three durations, for a total of 27 different sessions.
Notes: For additional information, check out the PadGadget Apps Tracker. Our tracker provides an easy way to constantly monitor the App Store to find the best iPad apps for you. If you loved these apps, be sure to check out our Weekly Series list of apps for the iPad.