For today’s Weekly App Series we’ve found 6 great apps to add to your iPad collection. We have included 6 Apps for Celebrating the New Year in this week’s bundle. Our editorial team goes through the data, picks the best and most interesting apps and then brings them to you on a regular basis.
We used our PadGadget Apps Tracker to find these great apps and we’ll continue to look for the best apps on a weekly basis. Be sure to check them out because these apps might just be what you’re looking for.
This week’s category is: Apps for Celebrating the New Year
1. Countdown to the New Year ($0.99) – Keep track of how many days, hours, minutes, and seconds are left until the end of 2011 with this fun app. You’ll know exactly when midnight hits, as the app begins to countdown when there are ten seconds left to go. Once the clock strikes twelve, you can tap or shake your device to activate the built-in noisemaking sounds for a little merrymaking fun. The clock will reset on January 2nd and start counting down again, so you can use the app year after year.
2. 2012 New Years Countdown (Free) – This is another New Year’s countdown app that will help you keep track of the time left until the new year officially begins. This free app also includes built-in fireworks, so you can create your own personal show when the clock strikes twelve. With multi-tap functionality, you can use this app to make some impressive firework arrays that are sure to impress your friends and family. Count down to the New Years with this app and shoot off your own fireworks in celebration!
3. Times Square Official New Year’s Eve Ball App (Free) – With this free app, you can join millions of people around the world to celebrate New Year’s Eve right along with the revelers in Times Square. This app provides access to the official show with opening ceremonies, musical performances, celebrity appearances, hourly countdowns, and of course the famous midnight Ball Drop. Join millions of revelers around the world to celebrate New Year’s Eve LIVE. The Official Times Square Ball App will be your exclusive access to the new year!
4. Holiday Time Machine ($0.99) – With the holiday time machine, you can watch more than 2,500 Christmas and New Years themed videos from 1898 through 2011. Videos include television clips, commercials, music videos, trailers, and more. You can step back into any era to see how the holiday was celebrated, and share your favorite videos with friends and family on Facebook and Twitter. Want to see what was popular when grandma was a little girl? No problem with this app.
5. Cocktails HD ($2.99) – No New Year’s party is complete without a bevy of tasty libations for party guests. Whip up some amazing holiday-themed drinks with this app, like the Candy Cane or the Green Grinch. This app has thousands of drink recipes complete with high resolution photos, and you can even look up some great appetizer recipes to go along with your beverages. Get ready, drinks are organized by category: martinis, classics, summer, tropical, creamy, shooters, warmers and a section of non-alcohol drinks for kids of all ages.
6. New Year Motivation 2012 ($0.99) – After the drinking and the celebrating is done, it’s time to move on to making those dreaded, rarely-kept New Year’s Resolutions. Want to lose those holiday pounds, get that promotion, or eat healthier this year? Give yourself a leg up with this motivation app, which provides a month of specially selected motivational and inspirational wisdom that will help focus your direction and empower you to finally keep those pesky January resolutions well into the new year.
Notes: For additional information, check out the PadGadget Apps Tracker. Our tracker provides an easy way to constantly monitor the App Store to find the best iPad apps for you. If you loved these apps, be sure to check out our Weekly Series list of apps for the iPad.