The search for an iPad case that works well for the in a variety of settings is a continuing quest. The creators of the UPPRCASE think they have a solution. After studying the wide array of cases available for sale, engineer Chris McRaild and product designer Dylan Horvath were “Looking to fill unmet needs of the professional user.”
The UPPRCASE, and its Smart Cover-friendly companion, the lowrCASE include a metal U-bar stand that doubles as a handle or wall hanger, and a case that cleverly doubles as a hand sleeve for carrying the iPad around.
The UPPRCASE offers a range of features that allow the case to work well in travel, work, or home settings:
- Magnets to Auto-Sleep and Auto-Wake iPad2.
- UPPRCASE Cover – made of durable Bicast leather on the outside (same as Apple Smart Covers) and microfiber on the inside, with slim plastic stiffeners and EVA foam for cushioning and shock absorption.
- Durable Elasticized Cord to secure screen.
- U-Bar – fully rotates around the case to get the perfect typing and viewing angle. Use as a briefcase carrying handle, hang it up, or use to view on the back of the car seat.
- Protective Shell – made of extremely lightweight, long-lasting and tough polymer.
- Exposed port access.
- Sound Channel – directs sound to the front of the iPad for beautiful sound projection.
The lowrCASE is adapted to work with Apple’s Smart Cover. It comes with all of the UPPRCASE features, except the cover.
Interested backers who pledge $50 will receive a lowrCASE if the project is funded. Backers who pledge $60 will receive an UPPRCASE. Funding has yet to be secured for this project, so, as with all Kickstarter projects, backers aren’t charged any money should the project fail to reach its goal.
Pledge before Jan 7, 2012 to help this project become a reality.