Today, EA Mobile announced the release of its newest game, The Sims FreePlay. The app is free (in case you couldn’t tell by the name) and works on any iOS device. With The Sims PlayFree, players can build, customize and orchestrate a town of Sims on their mobile devices, including an iPad optimized version for the first time.
This is good news because playing Sims on the iPhone’s small screen can be hard on the eyes.
According to EA Mobile’s press release, the game offers players the ability to:
- Develop the storylines of up to 16 different Sims—from fashionistas and party animals to geeks and vigilantes—who all live simultaneously in a world that follows a real-time, 24-hour clock
- Choose from 1,200 ways to customize their dream homes or get fully-furnished houses for their Sims
- Form relationships between their Sims with a slap, a high-five—and sometimes even some Woohoo!
- Take part in meaningful activities from caring for pets to growing gardens—even baking
- Give their Sims careers and earn Simoleans to improve their situations
While the game is free to play, it does come at a price. A “freemium” price. That’s right. The game is chocked full of in-app purchases for Simoleans and Life Points to help you further your community along. Vigilant players will not have to worry about maxing out their credit card on virtual money though. According to the press release,
The free mobile game is also packed full of challenges and opportunities to earn Simoleans, the in-game currency that increases the fun. From career-based achievements to simple actions such as checking each of their Sims’ virtual mailboxes daily, players can earn Simoleans and rewards that help them make a town bustle with pet stores, car dealerships and supermarkets.
So, if you have not already entered the life-controlling world of The Sims, now is your chance to immerse yourself for free.