For today’s Weekly App Series we’ve found six great apps to add to your iPad collection. We have included six of the best board games for iPad in this week’s bundle. Our editorial team goes through the data, picks the best and most interesting apps and then brings them to you on a regular basis.
We used our PadGadget Apps Tracker to find these great apps and we’ll continue to look for the best apps on a weekly basis. Be sure to check them out because these apps might just be what you’re looking for.
This week’s category is: Best Board Games for iPad
1. Jenga HD ($0.99) – Jenga HD’s four player Pass ‘n’ Play mode lets families have the fun of recreating a real wooden Jenga tower. Jenga HD uses the iPad’s touch screen to its fullest since players are required to carefully tease out pieces from the very realistic looking wood tower. Players can also try out the app’s arcade mode, and track their progress in Game Center. The bonus: playing Jenga HD on the iPad means there’s no messy pieces to clean up.
2. BOGGLE for iPad – ($0.99) BOGGLE for iPad is just the game to lull anyone out of a holiday-induced food coma. The app recreates the experience of tabletop BOGGLE by allowing groups of up to 5 players to compete via Pass ‘n’ Play mode. The app takes advantage of the iPad’s large screen, and lets users shake to shuffle the virtual tiles. Thanks to a recent update BOGGLE for iPad now also integrates support from Dictionary.com
3. Bop It! for iPad – ($2.99) Bop It! for iPad may not seem like a typical board game, but the iPad is no typical gaming platform, and this app integrates the essence of the original hand-held game with the innovative features of iOS. Follow the instructions to bop, twist, or pull the iPad, as if it were a real toy. Adventurous players can unlock “Bopjects,” which add even more crazy moves. Only iPad offers Bop It’s All-Play mode, so a user can finally whoop the self-same relatives that he’s been besting all year in virtual hands of Zynga Poker. Bop It! for iPad is great for big families or parties.
4. The Game of LIFE for iPad – ($6.99) The Game of LIFE for iPad brings the popular family board game to the equally popular Apple tablet. Families can play together using Pass ‘n’ Play mode or the app’s new iPad-only Party Play mode. LIFE has always been a great game for all ages, and now the iPad version allows the user to customize a character and track all the important milestones in his LIFE in the app’s journal. Make LIFE your own today! This game will let you enjoy the brighter, bolder visual quality you can only get with your iPad.
5. Board Box – ($4.99 or Free with ad-support) Checkers, Chess, Backgammon and more are all available through Board Box, which recreates these ancient games in a stunning and thoroughly modern setting on the iPad. Users who don’t mind a few ads can download the game for free, but even the full price is a bargain to own digital versions of 20 games, including variants of Chess, Backgammon, and Go. The app is designed to replicate traditional board games, so expect to battle another person, not a computer opponent. Board Box doesn’t need an internet connection to run.
6. Battleship for iPad – ($4.99) With bigger guns, graphics, and sound effects, Battleship for iPad is fired up and ready for a new generation of head-to-head combat. Only the iPad has Battleship’s two-player mode, which gives new meaning to the familiar phrase, “you sunk my battleship.” Players can use the iPad’s touch screen to plan and launch strikes with precision and ease. Battleship for iPad also lets players join devices via Local Multiplayer mode over WiFi and Bluetooth.
Note: For additional information, check out the PadGadget Apps Tracker. Our tracker provides an easy way to constantly monitor the App Store to find the best iPad apps for you.