For today’s Weekly App Series we’ve found 6 great apps to add to your iPad collection. We have included 6 Holiday Shopping and Shipping apps in this week’s bundle. Our editorial team goes through the data, picks the best and most interesting apps and then brings them to you on a regular basis.
We used our PadGadget Apps Tracker to find these great apps and we’ll continue to look for the best apps on a weekly basis. Be sure to check them out because these apps might just be what you’re looking for.
This week’s category is: Apps for Holiday Shopping and Shipping
1. Delivery Status Touch ($2.99) – Delivery Status Touch is my go-to app for shipment tracking, and the only app that I’ve used for the past year. It allows you to keep track of both packages you’ve sent and packages you’re due to receive, from more than 30 different shipping services including UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL, Royal Mail, and more, with just a tracking number. Orders from Amazon, Apple, Adobe, and Google Checkout can be tracked before they even ship.
2. FedEx Mobile (Free) – This app from FedEx is a good free option if you regularly receive or ship packages using FedEx. With just a tracking number, shipment status can be retrieved without the need to log in. Shipments can be personalized with nicknames and notes, and the app will alert you if any delivery exceptions occur with packages. Direct links to the FedEx website will also allow you to create shipping labels, get shipping quotes, and find the nearest FedEx location.
3. Packagee for iPad ($4.99) – Packagee is a handy shipping tool that is a must have if you plan on sending out any holiday packages this year. It calculates shipping for anything that you send, and it also compares prices between all domestic carriers in the United States. Just enter your package information, including origin, destination, size, and weight, and the app will tell you which service to use to get the lowest price, fastest delivery time, or ratio of cost per day of transit.
4. Drop It Off ($1.99) – Need to ship something in a hurry? This app allows you to find shipping resources like UPS Stores, FedEx Stores, Post Offices, and UPS, FedEx, and DHL drop boxes and service centers. Using the map tool, you can quickly view which stores are currently open and whether or not a pickup has occurred, which will allow you to drop your package off at a location that’s guaranteed to get it out on time.
5. Catalogs.com for iPad (Free) – Maybe you want to skip the holiday shipping all together and send something directly to your gift recipient. The Catalogs.com for iPad app is a great way to browse through hundreds of catalogs from companies like MacConnection, FootLocker, Harry & David, Hot Topic, PetCo, and more. Many of the companies partner with Catalogs.com to offer exclusive deals and free shipping.
6. Google Catalogs (Free) – Google Catalogs is another great shopping app, which features catalogs from many different companies, organized into a beautiful magazine-like layout for quick and easy browsing and inspiration. With catalogs for everyone, including apparel for men and women, beauty, jewelry, home goods, gifts, and more, there’s sure to be something here for everyone on your holiday shopping list. With one-tap purchasing, your holiday shopping will be done in no time.
Note: For additional information, check out the PadGadget Apps Tracker. Our tracker provides an easy way to constantly monitor the App Store to find the best iPad apps for you.