It’s that time of year again and students across the country are headed back to school for another year of reading, writing and arithmetic. In preparation for school days packed with learning, parents are hitting the back-to-school aisles in search of bargains on everything from notebooks and markers to clothing and gym shoes.
From now until September 11th, PadGadget is partnering with a host of great developers to offer a series of educational app giveaways for students from preschool to college. Make sure you check back every morning to discover the featured educational related app and Click to Tweet for a chance to win.
Today we have teamed with Futuremedia to provide a perfectly simple calculator app. Modeled after vintage originals from years gone by, RetroCalc offers users a selection of twelve “ultra-realistic 3D” calculators and backgrounds. The simple swipe of a finger lets you make a selection and get to work.
RetroCalc provides users with the option of a portrait or landscape orientation and supports multitasking so your numerical data remains onscreen and in memory when switching back and forth between other applications. The calculators feature memory functions, 17 digit scientific-notation, true order-of-operations ((SQRT(9)+2*5=13) and even alternate audio-feedback sounds.
If you like the idea of a trip down memory lane while you calculate the answers to your problems, then RetroCalc is the app for you. It is available in the App Store now for $1.99 or you can enter our iPad app giveaway for a chance to win a free promo code. We have 5 promo codes to give away and entering our contest is easy! Just follow the directions below and maybe you’ll be a winner.
Enter via Twitter in two easy steps
- Follow us on Twitter. You must follow us on Twitter so we can send you a Direct Message if you win. If you aren’t following us, we have no way to contact you directly with your winning code.
- Click on the “Click to Tweet” button below and have our contest message automatically added to your Twitter status box. Then simply click to tweet!
Five lucky winners will be selected at random to receive a RetroCalc iPad promo code. You can enter as many times as you like before the contest ends on Saturday, September 3rd @ 11:59pm Central Time.
Note: Contest winners can redeem a code on their iPad by following the steps below:
- Go to the App Store.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select the Redeem button.
- Enter your promo code into the pop-up window.
- Tap Redeem in the top right corner of the window.
- Enter your iTunes password when prompted and your app will begin to download.