At today’s World Wide Developer Conference (WWDC) Keynote address, we were given some amazing statistics as to the overwhelming success of iOS devices. Here are the basics:
- Apple has sold over 200 million iOS devices to date.
- IOS is the number one mobile operating system, with 44% of the market.
- 25 million iPads were sold in the first 14 months.
- Fifteen billion songs have been sold on the iTunes music store.
- ITunes is the number one retailer of music in the world.
- There are 90,000 apps made specifically for the iPad
- There have been 14 billion downloads from the app store so far.
- The App Store has over 425,000 apps to date.
- Apple has paid out $2.5 billion to developers.
- There are 225 million accounts with credit cards and one click purchasing.
With the recent announcement of iOS 5 and the great new features to come for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, it is likely that these numbers will increase greatly by the end of this year.