The thought of a three-year-old running across a tile floor holding an iPad is enough to make most anyone cringe. If you’ve got little ones at home using the first generation device, then the Big Grips Frame (case) and Big Grips Stand are a must.
The fun colored Big Grips Frame and Stand are big, squishy and perfect for little hands to grab and hold! Its foam material is flexible, provides plenty of cushion and easy to use with your iPad. Frame installation is a cinch. Just line up the cutouts with the appropriate buttons and ports on your iPad, slide one end of the device into the case and pull the remaining edges over the sides. Once your iPad is tucked safely inside, it’s ready to take on everything your toddler or preschooler can throw at it.
Need a way to hold the iPad for a little movie watching? Whether at home or on the go, the Big Grips Stand is the ideal accessory to support your Frame. The light weight makes it easy for little hands to carry, while the wide base provides good stability.
We know how rough and tough little ones can be so we decided to do a few drop tests of our own. With the Frame wrapped snuggly around our iPad, we dropped it on both carpet and tile. And we’re happy to report, our iPad fared well.
Additional Frame and Stand features include:
- Lead and latex-free
- Phthalate and PVC free
- Resistant to oils, chemicals, stains, molds and germs
- Durable and lightweight
- Easy to clean
- Cutouts provide access to ports and buttons
- Frame Dimensions – 9.47″ x 11.57″ x 1.5″ (240 mm x 294 mm x 38 mm)
- Frame Weight – 7.125 oz. (.20 kg)
- Stand Dimensions – 5.5″ x 12.7″ x 2.8″ (140 mm x 322 mm x 71 mm)
- Stand Weight – 9.25 oz. (.26 kg)
What I liked: Light weight, soft material is easy for little hands to grip and hold, plus it comes in four great colors. Would be great for use at home or in schools.
What I didn’t like: It was a little difficult for me to get my grownup finger into the slot to adjust the volume; however, little ones do fit better. The units were also a bit stinky when I first removed them from the box but by the next day the oder had subsided.
To buy or not to buy: Yes. If you’re looking for a kid friendly case and stand combo for your toddler or preschooler, Big Grips are a great option.
Note: The Big Grips Frame is coming soon for the iPad 2.
- Accessory Name – Big Grips Frame and Stand
- Manufacturer – KEM Ventures
- Colors - Blue, Green, Pink and Gray
- Price – $34.95 for Frame only or $49.95 for Frame and Stand Set (Save $9.95 when you purchase together!)