If you’re an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch owner, interested in controlling remotely your Mac or Windows machine with full audio and video streaming, Splashtop Remote might be a solution for you.
Splashtop Remote allows you to stream and watch movies, listen to music, access your computer files and applications, play PC games remotely, and wake up your computer remotely via a “Wake-on-LAN” feature.
We plan to take a closer look at Splash Remote for iPad. So far, we’ve heard some good things from our readers. It seems one feature they all liked is the ability to transfer sound from their computers to the iPad.
Developer Splashtop has released the following system requirements before you start using the application in any of your iOS devices.
1. To receive connections using Splashtop Remote, your computer needs to have:
- Windows 7, Vista, XP, or Mac OS X 10.6 (beta)
- 1 GB of RAM
- 1.6 GHz or faster dual-core CPU
2. Splashtop Remote will work on all your iOS devices as follows:
- iPad – all versions
- iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS – with iOS 3.2 or later
- iPod touch – 3rd generation or later with iOS 3.2 or later
3. Keep in mind that you will need a Wi-Fi connection for your iOS device to work.
The following video gives you a quick preview of Splash Remote for iPad. If you’re unsure about the app, you can download the free version (time-limited) first and give it a try. The free version will support connections for up to 5 minutes.