If you’re a Tivo Premiere subscriber and an iPad owner, you should know that Tivo announced this morning their Tivo Premiere iPad app. This new app, which will be available in a few weeks, will give you full control over your Tivo set-top box and puts the Tivo Premiere interface right on your iPad (video after the break).
The upcoming Tivo Premiere app will replicate almost all of your Tivo functionality and brings the Tivo experience to your iPad. You will be able to browse the program guide, schedule and manage recordings, replicate TiVo’s hardware remote controls and search for content across broadcast and broadband services. It also includes interfaces for both Amazon Video On-Demand and Netflix. The nice thing about it, is that you can do all of this without interrupting what’s on your TV screen.
The app allows you to explore programming based on cast and crew and explore themed collections of TV and movies. All you have to do is simply tap and slide around the interface. Taking advantage of the iPad capabilities, the app leverages the multi-touch features to let you navigate with gestures and scrubbing through your recorded listings. You can also use DVR scheduling for one-off recordings and Season Passes.
Tivo Premiere App Features Summary
- Start watching what you want: Launch a recorded show, live TV or streaming video with the swipe of a finger.
- Program guide: Browse your full-screen TV program guide without interrupting TV viewing.
- Gesture based control: Take complete control of all recordings, even dragging forward and back through a show with a simple tap or swipe.
- Schedule one-time recordings and Season Pass recordings from the device at home or on-the-go.
- Get more from your shows and movies by exploring cast and crew and other recommendations of your favorite shows without interrupting the big screen.
- Search for all of your favorite TV shows, movies, actors or directors across both broadcast and broadband from Netflix, Amazon Video On Demand, and more.
The Tivo Premiere iPad app will be available in a few weeks. It requires that both your iPad and the TiVo set-top box use the same local network. All Premiere DVRs will need an update to get full support by the new application.